In the “Liber dotaliorum ecclesiae urgellensis” of the year 1106 (document found in the archive of the Bishopric of Urgell) it is written that the parish of Sant Julià de Cerdanyola paid, at that time, part of its tributes with wine. This data confirms that already in the 12th century in this area enough wine was produced to pay taxes. This tells us that the old vines that we have found where our vineyard now grows are from many years ago. In fact, the vineyard was surely no longer cultivated in the area due to low productivity, the harshness of the cultivation and competition with the vineyards in the south of France.
We currently have one and a half hectares of land cultivated on small terraces at altitudes between 1,000 and 1,300m. All the tasks of preparing the land and caring for the vineyard are carried out manually and without mechanization.
The recovery of the vineyard in this space is changing the landscape, returning it to agricultural use and giving visibility to the walls and cabins that our ancestors built with great technique and effort, stone on stone…millions of stones.